All employers – whatever the size must provide their employees with written terms of their employment within the first two months of them joining the organisation. Tribunals typically compensate employees with an award of four weeks’ pay when an employer fails to comply.
In order to help our clients and offer extensive support, White Horse Employment have teamed up with Philip McCabe, Associate Solicitor and Employment Law Specialist at Forrester Sylvester Mackett to offer a FREE* Drafting Master Class to discuss the thorny issue of employment contracts and provide you with an invaluable opportunity to have your questions answered by an expert with a wealth of employment law experience.
Thursday 8th May 2014, 9.30am to 11.30am
Registration: 9.00am, Cumberwell Park, Bradford-on-Avon
Email email@example.com to book your place now!
What will we be covering?
This informal seminar will give you the knowledge and tools to successfully draft and update your employees’ contracts, staff handbook and other key policies. This course covers:
- the legal framework – contractual status of employees, workers and consultants
- the minimum legal requirement for contracts
- how to undertake an employment audit of contracts and policies
- important clauses
- effective restrictive covenants
- ensuring consistency between contract and staff handbook
- drafting tips
- how to update and enforce changes to contracts and policies
What will delegates achieve?
We use practical examples and case studies to encourage participation by all delegates, improve retention of information and to make the session as informal as possible.
By the end of the workshop session delegates will:
- be familiar with the content of the relevant law
- be able to put in place a review or preparation of appropriate contracts and policies
- recognise the different requirements for different types of worker
- avoid legal claims arising from deficient drafting of contracts and policies
*First delegate FREE, £20.00 plus VAT for each additional delegate attending from the same organisation.
** Closing date for bookings, Friday 2nd May 2014, please not cancellations after this date may results in “Additional Delegates” charges still being invoiced.