No employer – whatever their size will be able to escape the impact of the changes in the law surrounding pay and working time.
The past few months have seen new laws and cases putting increased pressure on businesses employing staff. With changes to how ‘working time’ is interpreted and the introduction of the new National Living Wage along with greater penalties for employers who pay below the legal minimum, it is more important than ever to stay on the right side of the law.
This informative briefing will give you the up-to-date knowledge and tools to successfully identify and meet your obligations.
Thursday 19th May 2016 , 9.30am to 11.30am Registration: 9.00am, Cumberwell Park, Bradford-on-Avon
What will we cover?
To help and support our clients, White Horse Employment have teamed up with Philip McCabe, Solicitor and Head of Employment a Spencers Solicitors to offer a FREE* briefing to discuss the thorny issue of pay and working time and provide you with an invaluable opportunity to have your questions answered by an expert with a wealth of employment law experience.
We will cover:
- the National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage
- what is meant by ‘working time’, including considering ‘on call’ and travel time
- the relationship between working time and pay
- holiday pay and the relationship with commission and overtime
- equal pay
- gender pay gap reporting and
- how to deal with an employee owing your business money
What will delegates achieve?
By the end of the briefing session you will:
- be familiar with the content of the relevant law
- be able to put in place a review of your current practices
- identify and meet your legal obligations
- avoid Employment Tribunal claims
* First delegate FREE, £20.00 plus VAT for each additional delegate attending from the same organisation
** Closing date for bookings: 13th May 2016, please note cancellations after this date may result in “Additional Delegates” charges still being invoiced