Managing restructuring and redundancies takes preparation and planning. Poorly implemented redundancy processes can lead to low morale, distrust and high sickness absence as well as the potential of claims being issued in an Employment Tribunal.
If you are a Business Owner, HR Professional, Director or Manager, you may find yourself in this unwanted position.
What constitutes a redundancy in “legal terms” can be different from the layman’s understanding. The devil is in the detail when it comes to managing a redundancy process but it need not be complicated if you know what you’re doing.
In order to help our clients and offer additional support, White Horse Employment have teamed up with Philip McCabe, Associate Solicitor and Employment Law Specialist at Forrester Sylvester Mackett to offer a FREE* Employment Seminar to discuss restructuring and redundancy in the workplace and provide you with an invaluable opportunity to have your questions answered by an employment law specialist with a wealth of employment law experience.
What will we be covering?
This informal seminar will give you an insight into managing the redundancy and restructuring process. This course covers:
- Alternatives to redundancy
- What is a genuine redundancy?
- Who should you include in the selection pool?
- How to draft and score selection criteria
- The role of consultation – collective and individual
- The search for alternative employment – how far should you go?
- The impact of the statutory procedures on redundancy
- Redundancy payments
What will delegates achieve?
The workshop will use case studies to ensure that all delegates have a working knowledge of how to manage a redundancy process.
By the end of the workshop session your delegates will:
- know how to conduct a redundancy process from start to finish
- be able to identify when consultation obligations arise
- recognise what consultation does and does not mean
- know how to minimise the risk of tribunal claims
Book your place now by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*First delegate FREE, £20.00 plus VAT for each additional delegate attending from the same organisation.
** Closing date for bookings, Friday 25th July 2014, please not cancellations after this date may results in “Additional Delegates” charges still being invoiced.