One of the most challenging workplace issues for any employer – large or small, is how to handle a member of staff who is on long term sick leave or has an illness which affects their work.
Get the process wrong and you risk unsettling your workers or facing a claim for unfair dismissal. If the worker has a disability, you are in danger of a discrimination claim under the Equality Act. The average Tribunal award is £32,000.
No employer – whatever their size can escape liability.
To help support our clients, White Horse Employment have teamed up with Philip McCabe, Principal Solicitor at McCabe and Co Employment Solicitors to offer a FREE* briefing to discuss how employers can protect their business and reputations and provide you with an invaluable opportunity to have your questions answered by an expert with a wealth of employment law experience.
This informal and informative briefing will give you the up-to-date knowledge and tools to identify and meet your obligations.
Thursday 21st June 2018,
9.30am to 11.30am, Registration: 9:00am, Cumberwell Park, Bradford-on-Avon
The briefing includes:
• Dealing with long term illnesses
• Taking medical advice – when and what to ask
• Consulting with your staff
• Looking for alternative jobs or changing duties
• Malingering and faking long-term illness
• How to handle dismissal and capability procedures
• Making adjustments at work
• Your obligations under the Equality Act 2010
• Disability and the recruitment process
Email email@example.com to book your place now!
* First delegate FREE, £20.00 plus VAT for each additional delegate attending from the same organisation
** Closing date for bookings: 15th June 2018, please note cancellations after this date may result in “Additional Delegates” charges still being invoiced