Recruitment and avoiding discrimination in the workplace FREE* Employment Law Essentials Seminar
Promoting equality at work can appear to be a thankless task. The law is always expanding making it a difficult area to tackle within the workplace. Employers often have policies on equality, but can be hesitant about using those policies to achieve change.
We will take you through the myriad complexities of the law surrounding discrimination and equip you with practical solutions for managing every day equality issues.
The seminar will also be covering the thorny issue of recruitment, making conditional offers and how to avoid a complaint of discrimination during the selection process.
Thursday, 30th January 2014
9.30am to 11.30am, Registration: 9.00am Cumberwell Park, Bradford-on-Avon
How can we help you? Hosting a FREE* Employment Seminar
In order to help our clients and offer ongoing support, White Horse Employment have teamed up with Philip McCabe, Associate Solicitor at Forrester Sylvester Mackett to offer a FREE* Employment Seminar to discuss the latest developments and provide you with an invaluable opportunity to have your questions answered by an employment law specialist with a wealth of employment law experience.
If you are a business owner, HR Professional, Director or Manager who oversees employees, you will find this informal presentation of great benefit.
Why should you attend?
Using case studies and practical exercises, the seminar highlights include:
- Understanding what counts as discrimination and who is protected by the law
- Clarifying how the strengthening of anti-discrimination laws affects the way you manage attendance and recruitment
- How to deal with the new restrictions on asking job applicants about their health or disabilities and the dangers of using social media when considering a candidate’s suitability
- Learn how to implement effective equal opportunities monitoring
- Understanding the effects of the law on your policies and procedures
- Understanding positive action
- How to respond to the changes in harassment and victimisation law
Book your place on our seminar today by emailing me: email@example.com or click to book through Eventbrite
*First delegate FREE, £20.00 plus VAT for each additional delegate attending from the same organisation.
** Closing date for bookings, Friday 24th January 2014, please note cancellations after this date may result in “Additional Delegates” charges still being invoiced