This is a rare opportunity to join a leading Wiltshire charity during an exciting period of change. We are recruiting for Part-Time Finance manager (20-25hrs).
Responsible for all financial matters of the charity, you will be working with the Directors, nominated Trustees and Auditors to ensure accurate budgeting, financial monitoring, reporting and compliance throughout the organisation. The role would be best suited to an experienced finance professional that enjoys a hands-on environment, as you will be managing a team of three, as well as working alongside the leadership team to support with strategic decisions.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Manager will be expected to carry out the following roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare, review, implement, reposition, and monitor the organisational budgets.
- Perform regular finance business partnering with appropriate budget holders and/or members of the senior leadership team.
- Bank accounts reconciliation.
- Review and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Calculation and claim gift aid on donations.
- Prepare annual consolidated group and trading subsidiary statutory accounts, notes to the accounts and annual reports.
- Principal liaison with appointed statutory auditors and with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Prepare yearend accounts and liaise with auditors for a smooth year end audit.
No charity experience is necessary, just an experienced understanding of management accounts, a keen eye for financial detail, an ability to communicate financial information effectively to non-financial stakeholders and strong Excel and database skills.
The Charity are going through a transition period and you could play a pivotal role in their future, as well as working with a truly rewarding organisation.