This is a brilliant opportunity to progress in your career. This business is going from strength to strength and is seeking an ambitious HR professional or someone studying towards CIPD to come on board and support the people Director with the day to day running of the department.
The position will have scope to be shaped towards the persons preference in terms of work focus.
· To support and coach managers through complex HR issues and provide HR expertise, advice and guidance on School policies and procedures, ensuring a best practice approach and the mitigation of risk
· To support the HR Assistants with responding to complex queries through the HR team email inbox and to ensure a good level of service delivery is being provided
· To facilitate and coordinate the planning and organisation of the whole School INSET programme to ensure training and focus objectives are delivered
· Promoting and developing the coaching culture to coach and influence managers in order to develop their people management/leadership skills and constructively challenge and support behaviours/actions
· To advise managers and staff on formal and informal HR processes to include: - disciplinary, grievance and appeal procedures, contracts and terms and conditions of employment, working time, absence management, performance management, resourcing, flexible working and leave arrangements
· To lead school wide programmes for staff wellbeing offering advice and support to managers in regard to staff health, welfare and wellbeing issues
· To provide advice and support with recruitment and selection processes, liaising with specialist recruitment agencies as necessary, assisting with the preparation of job descriptions and advertising campaigns, supporting and advising managers during the shortlisting process and attending interviews as appropriate
· To conduct leavers interviews, review the leaver feedback form and to report trends in turnover including reasons for leaving and destination
· Provide relevant support on payroll changes and associated correspondence
· To lead and support on key HR projects and initiatives to support the wider People strategy
· Keep abreast of HR best practice, legislative changes and new developments to continuously develop and improve knowledge and skills and broaden the understanding of interrelationships between the range of HR activities and functions