The role of the IT Business Partner is to act as an interface between the Business/Practices and IT. The IT Business Partner is a champion for IT within the business and a champion for the business within IT ensuring that Group IT has the capabilities, resources and processes to support the business needs.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Regularly attend appropriate business meetings and forums to represent IT
- Represent the needs of the business/practice within IT
- Own the relationship between the business and IT and act as an ambassador for IT
- Identify appropriate KPI’s.
- Provide monthly KPI reports to business on IT service and project statuses
- Be familiar with the Business Strategy, functions, key objectives and key business processes and how IT will enable this
- Identify the key IT challenges and issues
- Understand the business requirements and identify how IT can support these
- Act as a point of escalation and communication on current business priorities, taking ownership of problems and proactively working to resolve technical problems, taking accountability for actions taken, decisions made and ensure timely communications of progress.
- Identify current and future demand for IT services
- Understand and IT project pipeline and be able to accurately communicate the priorities
- Support the business through any change management activity
- Ensure that IT services are meeting the needs of the business
- Obtain feedback on IT services from the business unit and alongside the IT Service Management team agree any improvement actions required.
- Identifying and exploring opportunities for service and business improvement. You will drive analysis and identify, prioritise and implement improvements and efficiencies, thereby ensuring that the organisation derives maximum value from services
- Assist in managing the relationship with 3rd party suppliers to ensure that the business is receiving the best possible service.
- Work with the relevant IT project teams on the businesses' readiness to change, on achieving the outcomes and realising the benefits
- Coordinate information to ensure all relevant parties internal/external are involved and aware