White Horse are partnering with one of the leading software suppliers to the public transport industry. From buses to trains to taxis, their systems help to make public transport a safer, more convenient and pleasurable experience. You may already have seen some of their public-facing mobile and web systems at Transport for London and other leading names in the transport industry.
They are currently recruiting a full time (37.5 hours per week), Assistant Accountant, to be located at their office in Chippenham together with their finance team. You will report directly to the Senior Management Accountant.
This role would be suitable for someone who has worked in a finance team and supported the month end close process, alongside day-to-day transactional processing. You will have experience with undertaking monthly balance sheet reconciliations and the ability to calculate and process accrual and prepayment journals independently. Ideally, they are looking for someone who has worked in a multinational business with exposure to foreign currency and is comfortable working to tight deadlines.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Be the business owner for Intercompany - Raising invoices, complete month end reconciliations and calculate/process foreign currency adjustments
- Calculate and process monthly prepayments, accruals and journals
- Maintain fixed asset register, including monthly depreciation charges.
- Undertake month end balance sheet reconciliations and escalate/resolve differences in a timely manner. Upload monthly reconciliations onto group wide reporting tool.
- Raise Fee invoices for Maintenance and Project Revenue
- Support Manufacturing Operation with processing of sales invoices.
- Monitor shared team inbox and take ownership for incoming requests for your business area.
- Prepare and process timesheet data and import onto finance system.
- Review New Project requests in line with company policy and set these up on Finance system
- Support and maintain projects on the finance system
- Providing financial support and monthly reports to Business units
Additional Activities (shared with other members of the finance team):
- Cover and support roles performed by other members of the finance team during busy periods/annual leave
- Take on company-wide finance tasks as allocated from time to time
- Assist in monthly and year end management/financial accounts
- Support with internal and external audits
- Ad hoc financial analysis in support of the preparation of management accounts
- Assist and support quarterly forecast process
- Develop and improve finance and project systems
Ideally you are part AAT qualified with a minimum of 2 years finance experience together with good Excel skills including Pivot tables, Look-up functions and similar.
- Strong organisational abilities, experience of managing and working to tight deadlines and a hands-on approach to finance.
- General knowledge of accounting principles, and technically competent with finance and accounting knowledge and skills.
- Computer literate, with experience in using accounting software and analytical and reporting tools.
- Ability to work flexible hours under pressure to tight timescales, especially during month, quarter and year end close.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt to and implement change.
- Good level of numeracy (Accounting/Maths/Statistics)
- Good sense of humour, with the ability to create and maintain excellent communication between different stakeholders.
- Good communication skills, comfortable interacting with different stakeholders throughout the organisation.