We’re looking for an analytical cyber security engineer with an understanding of all thing’s IT and/or cyber security and an inquisitive analytical mindset with a can-do attitude.
our business is acquiring, strengthening and growing vertical market technology businesses. Our team oversees the cyber maturity, governance, risk management and compliance state of all our business units (and there’s quite a few) no matter their industry, size or complexity.
We’re a small team with a broad remit, and we’re looking for an experienced professional to join the crew.
The position has global coverage, performing escalated, deep dive analysis and investigation of threats and alarms, liaising with security and IT partners (both internal and external) to expose the real-world threat level, and identifying the most appropriate remediation methods to address these risks and where necessary rolling your sleeves up to assist directly in their resolution, as well as the deployment and management of security toolsets.
We want a specialist, someone with demonstrable knowledge and experience, so if you can match these, we’re interested. Hugely important is that you are a motivated self-starter who can manage your own time effectively. You’ll also have
- 3 to 5+ years in an IT/cyber security role.
- Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies, VPNs, VLANs, etc.
- Demonstrable Sysadmin skills (Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows).
- Network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols, etc.)
- Real-world use of security tools (Kali, Metasploit, SIEM, protocol analyzers etc, Cisco Umbrella, Proofpoint)