SALARY & BENEFITS: £23,000 - £25,000
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you are fully accountable for the whole purchase ledger, from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation. They provide an indispensable service to the finance team, underpinning the wider financial stability of the business through their robust processes and systems.
The main duties for purchase ledger are include matching and coding invoices, preparing and running BACS payments, reconciling supplier statements and bank statements. The Finance Assistant is work as part of the finance team.
The role of an Finance Assistant is to provide a professional and efficient service to the finance function, monitoring how much is owed at all times and providing accurate financial information to the Finance Controller as needed.
- Matching, checking and coding invoices
- Making payments via BACS and cheques
- Processing staff expenses
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Reconciliation of company’s bank statements
- Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
- Office administration, including answering the phone, taking messages, filing and post. This is not exhaustive and can be added to.
You will be responsible for producing, invoices and sales control with the ability to provide accurate information on company income for the purposes of filing accounts. Managing the debts of creditors, ensuring timely payments are made, processing incoming funds, reconciling invoices, resolving account queries and managing debt recovery.
The position involves using relevant accountancy software and, typically, an accounts assistant will be tasked with managing the balancing of accounts. You will report directly to the Financial Controller as part of a team.
Outlined below are several standard duties that this job role entails.
- Daily usage of financial processes, enhancing and updating where needed
- Management of sales ledger and bank reconciliations
- Maintaining accounts, verifying and posting transactions
- Balancing accounts on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis
- Recording client assets and Sundries Accounts
- Managing client invoices & payments
- Liaising with clients
- Working closely with the Financial Controller to prepare financial reports
- Preparing schedules, statements and reports as requested · Managing & filing relevant documentation
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
- Ensuring timely payment of debts
- Checking and posting of receipts to accounting systems
- Providing administrative support to the team.
For this role you will need:
- AAT Level 3 with three years working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid team working skills
- Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive nature
- Knowledge of software packages such as SAGE Accounts 50 and BACS
- Demonstrable experience of bookkeeping
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Superb IT skills, including proficiency in data entry, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Focused and diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Ability to successfully communicate with people across the business
- Possess first-rate numerical skills
- Strong bookkeeping skills and previous experience in a similar role
- Solid organisational skills and excellent attention to detail