Main tasks and responsibilities:
Point of contact for general enquiries from employees, managers, and external contacts.
Upload pension information on a monthly basis.
End of month reporting for People and Development Manager and Finance
Assist Line Managers in all recruitment activities, ensuring a timely and cost-effective service is provided in accordance with Company guidelines.
Assist Line Manager, in ensuring all training needs on site are met.
Support Line Managers at absence and performance management meetings.
Responsible for the accurate, collating and processing of monthly salary information, ensuring the information is received by outsourced payroll bureau by a set deadline
Monitor and Manage labour to reduce costs and overheads
Liaise with external labour providers; this will include customer audits, ensuring they are adhering to company policy & procedures.
Provide H.R. information for all customer audits carried out on site.
Advise on maternity and paternity policy & procedure
Develop and contribute to the Andros UK business
Involvement with all the organisation and promoting of social activities.
Management of canteen activities, monitoring of associated costs.
Review and development of all company policies, procedures and handbook.
To undertake ad hoc jobs/projects to support the HR function
Background & skills
Andros is looking for a proven HR Officer with generalist experience of three years with a confident personality and attitude. Someone who wants and has the skills to contribute positively to the growth of the company.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- · Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- · An ability to communicate with people at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Strong administration and organisational skills, Highly proficient computer skills – a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word – is essential to this role.
- An ability to work to deadlines and under own initiative.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise work throughout a changing environment.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidential issues.
The role is based full time in Frome, Somerset with occasional visits to the head office Hammersmith, London.
Market Leader in their products and sector
Company pension 6 % employer contribution
25 days holiday + Bank holidays
3 months full and 3 months half pay Company sick pay after 1 years’ service
4 x Death in Service
Free car parking
Free eye test and £90 towards prescription glasses after probation
Long service recognition to include additional holiday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £34,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Human Resources: 3 years (preferred)