Working directly with the head of IT service, this position will be defining and maintaining the value that IT delivers to the business. The client work internationally and require someone with strong experience and evidence of building IT service capabilities from the ground up in the UK and across the wider international group.
This position will be integral to opening the doors for the business to add more SDM's to provide IT service management capability across the whole of the UK and wider group.
You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of an effective and optimised IT service to your customers and also ensuring that the support of applications and associated infrastructure is delivered to agreed standards. You will also be responsible for working with the Service Desk, Business Systems Application Team, Digital and Infrastructure Teams who provide first, second and/or third line support to services that we provide.
- Strong experience within Service Delivery/Operations
- Proven track record of successfully managing 3rd party suppliers and working with MSP’s
- Strong experience of working to ITIL processes and project management methodologies
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. Time management skills.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including third parties, IT and business personnel.
- Good understanding of technology and process optimization techniques e.g. standardisation, consolidation, simplification and automation and an appetite for continuous improvement.
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service orientated.