White Horse are working with a well-known South West business that are looking for a Risk & Assurance to join them at an exciting period of growth. This is a newly created role and will be working closely with the CFO who joined a few months ago and is currently leading an ambitious expansion plan. This role will play a pivotal part in the growth plans and will be promoting risk awareness across the company. On a day to day basis the role will be; Reviewing the overall risk management, providing continuous improvement and coaching, preparing reports for the audit and risk committee, owning the risk framework, keeping up with regulatory changes and working closely with the compliance team.
The Risk and Assurance Manager will work closely with key stakeholders and be responsible in ensuring that contractual, regulatory, and legislative obligations for the organisation are met. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Senior Management Team and will be exposed to all aspects of the business.
As a business they are one of the best employers in the south west as they are flexible, forward thinking and have a very people focused environment.
- Develop an Internal Audit Program and co-ordinate the execution of the internal audits
- Promoting risk awareness across the company, providing workshops and provision of guidelines.
- Review the design and effectiveness of existing processes and associated controls across the organisation and make recommendations for improvements
- Formulate conclusions and prepare reports with concise recommendations
- Engage with stakeholders right across the business and proactively work with the relevant teams on designing and implementing solutions to the issues raised
- Contribute to the development and review of company policies and procedures
- Ensure the organisation complies with relevant and updated government regulatory obligations
- Follow up of remediation of issues raised across reviews
The ideal candidate will come from an internal audit, risk or compliance background, will be results driven and will have a track record of working collaboratively across all levels within an organisation. Strong communication skills are a must-have, along with the ability to effectively listen, understand the needs of others and problem solve