As a software developer you will be working within the DAS Anywhere development team to transition our desktop application to a new and modern web UI.
The successful candidate will be working with the existing application to design, specify and develop APIs to provide data to the new user interface using Progress OpenEdge tools (training can be provided).
Your key responsibilities will be:
· Provide accurate estimates of development tasks
· Work through development tasks to a specified deadline and to defined quality standards
· Update progress and completion information for development tasks
· Thoroughly test and deliver quality code
· Create technical documents to explain processes or complex algorithms to colleagues
· Contribute to development discussions to ensure personal and team objectives are achieved
· Any other reasonable duties as required by management
YOU WILL GET
Are you a software developer who is looking for a new adventure? Do you have a track record of being able to pick up new knowledge and deliver great applications?
If that sounds like you, we would love for you to join our expanding team.
• Reporting to the Development Manager, this role will offer you the opportunity to work in a small dynamic team on an enterprise class application used throughout the industry.
• Our office is based in Aberdeen in Scotland, where we have a close-knit friendly team. Our head office is in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
• Competitive base salary and a discretionary bonus scheme, healthcare provision, hybrid working, and a host of training and development opportunities.
• Opportunity to navigate your future career within the wider Trapeze and Modaxo family.
• A comprehensive on-boarding process including a mentoring scheme (eligibility criteria applies) and access to experienced peers both locally and across the globe as part of the Modaxo family – all with a view to helping you grow your career and perform at your best, both inside and outside of work!
TO APPLY YOU NEED
- Educated to degree level in an ICT-related discipline (work experience will be considered)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a software development role
- Demonstrable experience of a modern programming language
- Experience of diagnosing and solving problems
- An eye for detail and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Good team working skills with the ability to listen, support and value colleagues
- An organised, disciplined approach with excellent time management skills
- Ability to deal with multiple activities in parallel and work under client-driven pressure
- Confident manner and a willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Currently holds independent right to work in the UK
It’s not a deal breaker but we would really like it if you also had:
- Experience in developing applications using Progress OpenEdge 4GL/ABL (training can be provided)